- Work in a Wānanga environment that embraces traditional Māori values.
- Provide business and finance support to specific department managers.
- Work in sunny Bay of Plenty (Whakatane) Circa $83-$98k.
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi delivers programmes from certificate to doctorate level that are designed to support and promote academic excellence. This also means Māori knowledge and practices are central components to the academic programmes, teaching delivery and student experiences. The current national and international base of 6,000 students is growing and provides a unique and dynamic work environment.
Your role supporting specific department managers or Heads of School is focussed on providing financial and business support including being involved in business planning and understanding department or school direction, tracking financial performance, and programme and operational performance. You will also be involved in reporting on non-financial measures and could assist with project management, procurement, and contract management systems improvements.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Proven experience in budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting, and data analysis.
- The ability to relate to the big picture and an enquiring mind.
- Previous experience in a Business Partner or role of a similar nature.
- Strong Microsoft skills and the confidence to use and learn new technology.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive approach and continuous improvement focus.
- Any exposure within the education sector would also be viewed favourably.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a unique and growing organisation in a colourful and vibrant landscape. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! (Salary based on qualifications and experience).
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Tracy Szeto or Lisa Norris on 04 550 8000